You were lonely.
I was forsaken.
You had few friends.
I could count my chums by the fingers.
You had your own childhood issues.
My childhood was in turmoil.
You lost your father when you were 4 years old.
I lost my mother when I was 6.
You had a cranky stepfather who never cared.
I had a virago for a stepmother.
You were afraid of the dark.
I’m still afraid of the dark.
You were on top of your class.
I made some people believe I was brilliant.
You are an unbelievably faithful lover.
I had a vision of making my first last.
Your relationship faltered anyway.
I failed to save even the friendship.
You lost your way into the dark.
I was groping in the same darkness.
You found me at the end of the tunnel.
I knew it was fate that drew us together.
Monthly Archives: April 2010
Last time, I transported some of my Multiply blogs here in an effort to, well, multiply them and bestow readers something to feast their eyes on. Okay, let’s cut the crap and get on with it. Here are the latest additions to this compilation:
Mar 24, ’09 1:06 PM
DISCLAIMER: This blog entry is posted for pure entertainment only. The information contained here is provided AS IS from my Death Note collectible. While every caution has been taken in providing readers with thought-provoking amusement, please use your wise judgment before taking any decisions that might ensue after reading this weblog.
How to Use It
- The human whose name is written in this note shall die.
- This note will not take effect unless the writer has the person’s face in his mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.
- If the cause of death is written within forty (40) seconds of writing the person’s name, it will happen.
- If the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack.
- After writing the cause of death, details of the death should be written in the next sixty (60) minutes and forty (40) seconds.
- This note shall become the property of the human world once it touches the ground and arrives in the human world
- The owner of the note can recognize the image and voice of its original owner, i.e., a god of death.
- The human who uses the note can neither go to heaven nor hell.
- If the time of death is written within forty seconds after writing the cause of death as a heart attack, the time of death can be manipulated and the time can go into effect within forty seconds after writing the name.
- The human who touches the Death Note can recognize the image and voice of its original owner—a god of death—even if the human is not the owner of the note.
- The person in possession of the Death Note is possessed by a god of death—its original owner—until he dies.
- If a human uses the note, a god of death usually appears in front of him/her within thirty-nine (39) days after he/she uses the note.
- Gods of death, the original owners of the Death Note, do not do, in principle, anything which will help of prevent the deaths in the note.
- A god of death has no obligation to completely explain how to use the note of rules which will apply to the human who owns it.
- A god of death can extend his life by putting human names on the note, but humans cannot.
- A person can shorten his/her own life by using the note.
- The human who becomes the owner of the Death Note can, in exchange of half of his/her remaining life, get the eyeballs of the god of death, which will enable him/her a human’s name and remaining lifetime when looking through them.
- A god of death cannot be killed even if stabbed in his heart with a knife or shot in the head with a gun. However, there are ways to kill a god of death, which are not generally known to the gods of death.
- The conditions for death will not be realized unless it is physically possible for that human or it is reasonably assumed to be carried out by that human.
- The specific scope of the condition for death is not known to the gods of death either. So you must examine and find out.
- One page taken from the Death Note or even a fragment of the page contains the full effects of the note.
- The instrument to write with can be anything, e.g., cosmetics, blood, etc. as long as it can write directly into the note and remains legible letters.
- Even the original owners of the Death Note, gods of death, do not know much about the note.
- You may also write the cause and/or details of death prior to filling in the name of the individual. Be sure to insert the name in front of the written cause of death. You have about nineteen days according to the human calendar in order to fill in a name.
- Even if you do not actually possess the Death Note, the effect will be the same if you can recognize the person and his/her name to place in the blank.
- The Death Note will not affect those under 780 days old.
- The Death Note will be rendered useless if the victim’s name is misspelled four times.
- Suicide is a valid cause of death. Basically, all humans are thought to possess the possibility to commit suicide. It is, therefore, not something unbelievable to think of.
- Whether the cause of the individual’s death is either a suicide or accident, if the death leads to the death of more than the intended, the person will simply die of a heart attack. This is to ensure that other lives are not influenced
- Even after the individual’s name, the time of death, and death condition on the DEATH NOTE were filled out, the time and condition of death can be altered as many times as you want, as long as it is changed within six (6) minutes and four (4)seconds from the time is was filled in. But, of course, this is only possible before the victim dies.
- Whenever you want to change anything written on the DEATH NOTE within six (6) minutes and four (4) seconds after you wrote, you must first rule out the characters you want to erase with two straight lines.
- As you see above, the time and condition of death can be changed, but once the victim’s name has been written, the individual’s death can never be avoided.
- If you lose the DEATH NOTE or have it stolen, you will lose its ownership unless you retrieve it within 490 days.
- If you have traded the eye power of a god of death, you will lose the eye power as well as the memory of the DEATH NOTE once you lose its ownership. At the same time, the remaining half of your life will not be restored.
- You may lend the DEATH NOTE to another person while maintaining its ownership. Subletting it to yet another person is possible too.
- The borrower of the DEATH NOTE II will not be followed by a death god. The god of death always remains with the owner of the DEATH NOTE. Also, the borrower cannot trade the eyesight of the god of death.
- When the owner of the DEATH NOTE dies while the note is being lent, its ownership will be transferred to the person who is holding it at that time.
- If the DEATH NOTE is stolen and the owner is killed by the thief, its ownership will automatically be transferred to the thief.
- When the same name is written on more than two DEATH NOTES, the note which was first filled in will take effect, regardless of the time of death.
- If writing the same name on more than two DEATH NOTES is completed within a 0.6 second difference, it is regarded as simultaneous. The DEATH NOTE will not take effect and the individual written will not die.
- The god of death must at least own one DEATH NOTE. The DEATH NOTE must never be lent to or written on by a human.
- Exchanging and writing on the DEATH NOTE between the gods of death is no problem
- If the god of death decides to use the DEATH NOTE to kill the assassin of an individual he favors, the individual’s life will be extended, but the god of death will not die.
- The dead god of death will disappear, but the DEATH NOTE will remain. The ownership of this DEATH NOTW is usually carried over to the next god of death that touches it, but it is common sense that it is returned to the great god of death.
- Only by touching each other’s DEATH NOTE can human individuals who own the DEATH NOTE in the human world recognize the appearance or voice of each other’s god of death.
- An individual with the eye power of a god of death can see the same and life span of other humans by looking at that person’s face. By possessing the DEATH NOTE, an individual gains the ability to kill and stops being a victim. From this point, a person with the DEATH NOTE cannot see the life span of other DEATH NOTE owners, including him/herself. But it is not really necessary for the individual to view the life span of him/herself nor other DEATH NOTE owners.
- The god of death must not tell humans the names or life spans of individuals he sees. This is to avoid confusion in the human world.
- It is prerequisite for the DEATH NOTE used in the human world that a living god of death makes sure that the human in the human world use it.
- It is very difficult to consider that a god of death who has possessed a human could die, but if he should die, the DEATH NOTE that he brought into the human world will not lose its power.
- In order to see the names and life spans of humans by using the eye power of the god of death, the owner must look at more than half of that person’s face. When looking from top to bottom, he must look at least from the head to the nose. If he looks at only the eyes and under, he will not be able to see the person’s name and life span. Also, even though some parts of the face, for example the eyes, nose, or mouth are hidden, if he can basically see the whole face, he will be able to see the person’s name and life span. It is still not clear how much exposure is needed to tell the name and life span, and this needs to be verified.
- If above conditions are met, names and life spans can be seen through photos and pictures, no matter how old they are. But this is sometimes influenced by the vividness and size. Also, names and life spans cannot be seen by face drawings, however realistic they may be.
- Those with the eye power of the god of death will have the eyesight of over 3.6 in the human measurement, regardless of their original eyesight.
- The individuals who lose the ownership of the DEATH NOTE will also lose their memory of the usage of the DEATH NOTE. This does not mean that he will lose all the memory from the day he owned it to the day he loses the possession, but means he will lose the memory involving the DEATH NOTE.
- Whenever an individual with ownership of more than two DEATH NOTES loses possession to one of the DEATH NOTES, he will not be able to recognize that DEATH NOTE’S god of death’s appearance or voice anymore. The god of death himself will leave, but all the memory involving that DEATH NOTE will remain as long as he maintains ownership of at least one other DEATH NOTE.
Mar 19, ’09 4:05 PM
It haunts us and strips us of the things that we hold dear.
It was nearing midnight, and I was in the net café somewhere near Robinsons, enjoying the evanescent bliss net surfing promises. I didn’t notice I have downloaded more than I was supposed to, and the free space in the USB key that Redh has just bought almost turned to half the original size. Oh well, I can delete some of the contents anyway as soon as I’ve transferred them to our PC at home. So I went on. Music, games, Word documents . . . Whatever pleased my eyes. Then the computer seemed to withdraw its alliance from me when it showed an error on the screen: Not Responding. Is this a hint that I should be going home and not wander around town in this lateness of the night? No. I remembered I am the optimistic type, and I was not wandering around but staying put, if you know what I mean. And Redh was just on the far side in one of the cubicles in the games section. He seemed to be having a good time and it would be a blunder to try and talk him into going home. “It’s still 11:10 p.m. and the night is still young,” I could hear him say. It was Saturday, nonetheless.
Fortunately, the computer changed its mind and decided to process my request, downloading in the only speed it could hold out. The attendant was right when she told me earlier that night that their connection was slow.
Finally, it was midnight, and my eyes were sore owing to the monitor’s adverse effect. My mind murmured about staying awake, but he seemed to not get along well with my body. So I decided to ping Redh. I knew he was at the verge of his game, judging from the loud throng of gamers, straining their eyes on the screen and pounding on the keyboard, not to mention the constant hollering and cursing when they were at a disadvantage. But I was persistent. I had to be; else, I would fall in a slumber. The thrill of seeing my downloaded stuff was beside the point. Then Dear pinged me back. “Last na ni.” After what seemed like hours, he came to my cubicle and beckoned me to go.
Next thing I knew, I found myself in a dim room. And just when I stepped in and flicked on the light, a thought slipped into my brain. Snap! Where’s the USB!
Mar 19, ’09 12:56 PM
I got this message from a colleague at work (who, methinks, might’ve also received it from somebody else). It somehow gave me that feel-good marvel, so I’m sharing it. This goes to all the ladies out there.
Instead of remembering the wrong that men have committed against women, let us remember today what women can do to right the wrong committed against them.
Women, arm yourselves with the necessary weapons to fight abuse:education, skills, training, and awareness of your rights as human beings. Get an education. Acquire skills. Develop self-esteem. Build a career. Travel. Pursue your dreams. Do not be in such a hurry to commit to marriage and motherhood.
Work towards self-reliance and financial independence. A woman with education and income is a woman with greater choices and courage—before and after marriage. In fact, do not even consider entering into a contract of marriage until you have acquired enough education to get gainful employment and the means to support, at least, yourself in the lifestyle you desire.
Do not marry to fulfill financial needs. You will be selling your “soul” and “self”. Do not marry to seek happiness. You will be putting an impossible burden on another human being. Do not marry because you are pregnant. Marriage is not the solution to unplanned parenthood. Do not marry into independence. It is simply suicide.
Marry when you are happy and fulfilled. Marry when you have trekked and traveled where you’ve always wanted. Marry when you have fallen and failed but have risen and triumphed. Marry when you have pursued your passions and have learned life’s lessons.
Marry when you’ve had enough significant human experience to bring wisdom and maturity to a marriage. Marry when you don’t need to—for survival, but want to—for significance.
If you believe you have found the right man, ask yourself this question, “Can you live without this man despite everything that you feel for him?” If the answer is “yes,” then he’s probably the right one. Take heed of the Nepalese mantra: “The best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.” Walk away from the man you believe you cannot live without and you will learn to live quite ably by yourself.
Women, wake up. Do not expect marriage or support when you get pregnant by design. Do not expect respect from sex used as leverage. Do not expect love to spring from entrapment. Do not expect loyalty to come from betrayal. Do not expect men to leave their wives. Stop looking to men as saviors of your misfortunes. Stop looking to men as cash cows. Stop looking to men as scapegoats for your miseries. Take full responsibility for your actions. You cannot fight abuse and discrimination without skills, knowledge, and education. Develop your mind, spirit, and body. Train not only for mental and emotional rigors but also for physical ones. Don’t look to men for advice, protection, guidance, or rescue. Look to yourself for the solutions to your problems. You cannot fight for parity without courage, the courage to be self-contained, the courage to be whole, the courage to be complete—without a MAN.
Mar 15, ’09 11:27 AM
Why is it so hard to blend in? As if you wanna shrink and hide in the pocket of your pants for a while until you cut loose from your shackled self. But when you’ve physically left the cold place, you forgot to take your thoughts with you and they get sadly left behind. And there’s definitely no way of going back. You never want your efforts to just go to waste like that, would you? There’s only one way to go-to move forward without ever looking back. Sometimes you wonder: Does the mind have eyes that it can see through everything you have renounced behind your back?
Why is it so hard to blend in? As if you wanna vanish from everybody’s sight like a shadow in a dim room. And the light becomes your transient enemy that you don’t wanna get near it or be caught by it just yet. And you’re left groping in the dark with nothing but pure self-will to get reunited with the light again without being emotionally arrested for it. What I wouldn’t give to come face-to-face with it and feel its warm radiance on my frosty face.
Why is it so hard to blend in? As if you wanna stay still and immovable like a wall decoration that conceals itself in a perfect camouflage. And the dragged swinging of the clock’s pendulum hurts your eyes and its slow ticking not much of music to your ears. As if time has sabotaged everything, leaving you inane. And though you refuse to succumb to the unyielding force, resistance becomes futile and the zest of shaking these nightmares off remains so elusive.
The wait goes on forever.
Nov 2, ’08 8:02 AM
Nobody can deny it. I went over some of mine recently and, for a moment, hated myself for allowing the feeling to get to me. It can’t be helped. See, my sister told me I am close to God, and she’s the sole person to have said to me that for the first time. She said so because during her latest birthday, I didn’t give her any present, nothing material at least. Instead, I told her I’d just pray that God would grant them (her and my brother-in-law) their prayer through all the six years of their marriage—to have a baby. I know they have been through all the murky marshes of situations, and I thought it was about time for them both to be happy. Funny though, I said that to her only in a whim. And by some twist of fate, after what seemed like only days, I received peculiar news from her that she was bearing their first-born. And the odd thing is she believed it happened because of me, because I prayed for them to have a baby. By sheer coincidence, I was thought by my sister to be close to God. Not a bad inkling, but I doubt if that’s close to truth either. Though I have been trying all the days of my life to draw closer to Him, and I can feel that I have made some progress.
Coincidence. It happens.
My 6.8 lb. niece first saw the world last October 21 at 8:55 AM. I was practically dumbfounded upon hearing the pleasant surprise, mouth gaping in astonishment and ajar. I’m going to be a godmother soon. Good? You have no idea.
Oct 15, ’08 7:39 AM
I was up late yesterday grappling over neat thread of thoughts that seemed to have eluded me for quite some time now. I haven’t been a little less tired of hearing myself say this, like a hackneyed sales talk, but for the nth time, it irks me. It irks me to hear people tell me the one thing I’m so not eager to hear. What’s wrong with you people? For one, being silent, like literally not talking, which is acknowledged by many to be a sign of weakness, matter-of-factly is strength.
Silence prevents you from sinning. I couldn’t keep count of the times when I had to take all the restraint I have to keep my pent-up displeasures intact in order not to rub somebody the wrong way. Though, for the record, I haven’t been downright successful.
Silence allows you to shrug off deluded thoughts. Especially in wanting to squeeze something out of a person, it isn’t in some inadvertent chatting that you bare his soul, or he bares yours. There’s a good reason why silent and listen are closely lettered together.
Silence can save your face. Simple. When somebody doesn’t talk, it’s because he doesn’t wanna talk. There are loads of possibilities, but I’m pretty sure one o’ them is because he’s not all that agog at chinwagging with you. It’s not that his voice deserted him or something of the sort.
So hush all the tosh and go away.
Jul 26, ’08 3:57 PM
Fushigi Yuugi. I just finished all fifty-two episodes yesterday, which made me realize something really important. I am a girl, after all.
It’s the first shōjo (a term used in English to refer to manga aimed at a female audience) anime i have watched in ages. Ever since Redh introduced me to the world of Japanese-style motion picture animation, i became glued to shōnen (opposite of shōjo) animes, i.e., Naruto, Death Note, Trigun, Detective Conan, Shaman King, Flame of Recca, Hunter X hunter, Hajime no Ippo (released as Knock Out in the Philippines), and Yuyu Hakusho (or Ghost Fighter). It was all thanks to that DVD vendor at the foot of the pedestrian walkway near Robinson’s that we took a hold of this anime classic. Now i know why my girl friends from way back in high school were so hooked into it they talked about it almost all the time. Yeah, it’s an anime for the teens, but along the way, with a taste of neat obscenity, one might think of blaming early pregnancies to the likes of this TV show. Here’s a link of what the story is all about: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=178.